Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

One squirmy little Button (and one proud daddy)!

Written July 26, 2013.

11 weeks, 1 day
I know, I know. I'm the mom, and I'm going to think that our Button is just the cutest peanut ever, but isn't this amazing?! In this photo taken at our first OB appointment appointment this morning, you can see the little eye, the right arm down by the side, and the left arm up by the face. What an incredible gift this technology is to us!

Button started the ultrasound by taking a little nap. Our doctor assured us that we were measuring right on track, that the heartbeat was strong, and that sleeping was normal--and necessary!--for our little one. But then, moments later, the wiggling began! First, it was a wave of the hand, then a stretch of the tiny legs. Just like Rosie trying to find the perfect nook in which to nap, Button squirmed all around his/her little home, much to our joy-filled--and a bit teary--delight.

For me, though, the best moment of the appointment was turning to watch Jeff's face. Like a child entranced by a large aquarium, Jeff stared in awe at his son or daughter, mouth open in a disbelieving smile, occasionally emitting a soft "oh!" or "wow!" To see that amazement, that child-like joy given to him by his own child, made all the pain and heartache of the last 24 months bearable. I am so proud of this incredible father-to-be.

Today was a momentous milestone, and our doctor assures us that we can truly relax, that so much movement and such a strong heartbeat at this stage is a wonderful indicator of Button's health and growth. Next week, we will begin telling our families, then our church, and finally our jobs. With everything becoming so joyfully and disbelievingly real, leave it to me to find a new worry.

How am I going to get this house ready for a baby in 6 months?!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this post actually did make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tory, you are so sweet. I know I've already used sweet to describe you guys but you just are!

    ReplyDelete