Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Time is flying!



Clearly, Christmas is in the air around here! For so long, I'd thought of my Winter Break as The Time. You know, The Time when I'd pack the hospital bag, when we'd finish up the nursery, when we'd make all the purchases we'd need for Button's first few weeks, when we'd enjoy those quiet final date nights as "just us two."

(All the moms reading this are laughing, right? It's okay, you have a right to.)

So, here it is, Winter Break, and about all I want to do is sleep and consume vast quantities of the homemade Christmas cookies so many of my sweet students gave me on the last day of school. And, while I'm sure that my ever-present to do list will drive me to accomplish all that needs to be done, there is a part of me that just wants to enjoy a couple of weeks of calm, weeks when I get to feel little Button wiggling away daily, weeks when no one judges how much Peppermint Bark I just ate in a single sitting, weeks when Jeff and I can watch a Christmas movie, giggling at how my stomach ripples in waves under his hand.

A year ago now, I didn't honestly believe I'd ever be pregnant; we'd just lost our sweet Beanster days before, and I had no hope of a future family. This year is very, very different, so I am reminded to enjoy being pregnant, because I don't know if I'll ever have this opportunity again.

And, with that, I'm off in search of more homemade cookies...

2 comments:

  1. Perfect, Tory. Just perfect! All as it should be--laughter and all! Merry Christmas, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete