Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jeff's Birthday (Part 2)

The birthday boy on his perfect, beautiful June day!
The surprise was a success! We woke up to beautiful blue skies and no humidity. In spite of some unexpected traffic getting there, we had plenty of time for an amazing day with good friends (and good food!). But the pictures really tell the story...


Jeff immediately took the pilot's seat--he couldn't wait to get out on the lake! Before our friends arrived, we spent some time prepping the the boat (and I might have enjoyed showing off the delicious treats I'd brought along!). Were you wondering how the deviled eggs traveled?


They did great! The ziploc bag trick even allowed for some pretty piping, and I added just a dash of paprika at the end for color. I think I'll be volunteering to bring deviled eggs to all the summer picnics now!


Once we got out on the water, Jeff was only too happy to abandon the wheel in favor sipping a birthday beer and checking out the beautiful lake surrounding us. It didn't take him long to decide it was time to hop in for a swim--and it took even less time for the rest of us to join him!


Yes, for those of you who know me, that's actually me in the lake, swimming! The water was incredibly warm (our "Fish Finder" was logging it at 78 degrees), and the bottom was sandy (not the murky slime typical of so many lakes). We spent most of the rest of the day hopping in and out of the water, grazing on fried chicken, cheese, crackers, and salami, and even fishing. (Well, not me, that was just Jeff.)


By the end of the day, Jeff just couldn't stop grinning, and I knew I'd accomplished a successful birthday mission. And you know what the best part was? I enjoyed it just as much! I can't wait for our next visit to the lake!


2 comments:

  1. I seriously grinned the whole time I read that post. It looks like you guys had a blast and the day was a success. And I'm totally jealous of the 78 degree water. I might even go swimming if the water was that warm. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a surprise working out! It looks like you had a blast. Happy Birthday, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete