Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Just because you're going to LOVE these costumes...

I've been trying to think of some meaningful way to tie this post into my current path in life or to make some statement about the phenomenal man I'm married to or to reflect on how much I've grown in the past few months. However, here's the reality: I'm exhausted from rehearsals, I really just want to curl up on the sofa with a BLT and the kittens, and yet I still can't wait to share some Viola photos with you tonight!

So, here are a series of photos from last night's first costumed run-through! (Keep in mind--our production of Twelfth Night, while maintaining Shakespeare's language, is reset in the 1980s at the Illyrian Music Festival.)

Twelfth Night (of the Rude Mechanicals variety)

Viola and her identical--Shakespeare wasn't so into realistic biology--twin brother, Sebastian, 
are a well-known pop duo.

Viola (me) and Sebastian (Amy--who plays a smashing boy, if I do say so myself)
having a cuddly sibling moment backstage.
Upon stumbling upon the Illyrian Music Festival, Viola quickly realizes that she needs a disguise to avoid some excitable fans.
Me and the "rabid" fan who will quickly become my accomplice
A disguise is needed--and fast! The most logical choice? 

Perhaps an undercover roadie is a good idea.

One of my favorite lines in the show--and I'm not giving it away yet
(though Lauren's reaction in the background tells you how fabulous it is!)
The seemingly excellent plan deteriorates as Viola realizes that, 
in imitating her own brother in her disguise, 

she has created such a believable boy that the famous star, Olivia, has fallen for her!

The lovely Olivia (played by the fabulous Lauren), throwing herself at me...
But can you blame her? I mean, check out those legs in those liquid gold leggings!



And so, as more cases of mistaken identity occur by the minute...
Silly Antonio--he thinks I'm a boy!

 The mayhem ensues...











2 comments:

  1. AH!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You look smashing in all your costumes and I can't wait to hear/read more about it. Will it be filmed? Can you bring it when you visit? Pretty please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot put into words how amazing this is. You look gorgeous and are a VERY cute boy!

    ReplyDelete