Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Yup. I married ALL of that.

The man I love, prepared for anything Snor'eastercane 2012 might bring!

I adore my husband. I am awed by the way he cares for me, in the midst of the calm and the storms and everything in between. He knows when to ask the tough questions and how to prod me out of my comfort zone, but he's also well aware of when the right answer is Annie's mac 'n' cheese and a glass of chardonnay.

Not one of his home-bartending creations, but an equally delicious moment!

And he doesn't just care for me; instead, he has a long track record of nurturing my friends, too. He's sat through countless hours of chick flicks, through long nights of tears, and through being the only guy for a night out in the town center (which sounds enviable to some men, until they realize it's just four girls gossiping about fashion and work for several hours). He never complains, either; instead, he's quick to toss an extra (veggie) burger on the grill or whip up another round of cocktails.

The pumpkin-carving and fire Jeff prepared for my girlfriends and me the night of the hurricane.
(There were S'mores, too--we just didn't have enough time to get to them!)

And he makes me laugh--really laugh--at least once every day. He sends a fabulous Get Fuzzy cartoon to my phone or stalks Ozzy around our house, looking for all the world like a giant cat/child hybrid. He tells me stories of the things his first-grade students say in acting class and points out the kids in our neighborhood doing silly things. He agrees to watch a half-hour sitcom I love (in place of an hour of Discovery Channel) just because he hopes it will make me smile.

Sticking out our tongues (just 'cause) on top of Federal Hill, Baltimore.
The lists could go on and on, but I'll stop here (for now). Boo, you're right, we made a family the day we got married. I want to be silly and sappy and sentimental with you forever and a couple of days!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Katharine! A good friend's blog reminded me that sometimes it's good just to be happy in what I have, so it was such a joy to delight in Jeff as I wrote this post! (Hopefully, he won't kill me for putting pictures of him under a Dora the Explorer umbrella out on the interwebs for all the world to see!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a cute post. Definitely helped me reflect on my own relationship and be thankful for what I have here. I'm still giggling at the picture with the pink umbrella and the image of him stalking the cat around! What a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about a week late. (I got swamped and didn't have time for blog reading) but I love this post. You guys are freaking adorable and I'm so glad you have a fantastic husband to go with fabulous you.

    ReplyDelete