Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Today.

Today is a good day. Yesterday wasn't, but today is. Jeff and I took a lovely stroll to the Farmers' Market, we stopped for brunch and a drink outside, and then Jeff took this picture. And I love it. It captures my joy at having a Saturday outside with my husband, my anticipation of seeing my mom and dad this evening, my excitement about upcoming spring weekends with our friends.


So what has changed between last night and this afternoon? Last night, an incredible friend wrote an amazingly uplifting comment on my post. This morning, my sister-in-law sent me such an encouraging email, reminding me of how fortunate I am to have a phenomenal husband who loves me. Today, I finally figured out how to blow dry my new sideswept bangs correctly. :-) All small things, all adding up to joy now.

These rollercoaster moments are not new to me, but this weekend has inspired me to learn more about what defines body image in different cultures, about how young girls learn to view themselves, about how Jeff and I will, one day, raise a child to see him/herself as beautiful, no matter what.

Today I am not healed, but today is better than yesterday. And that's a start.

1 comment: